Are you interested in learning how to open a Jack in the Box burger franchise in Georgia? If so, you’re not alone.
This is one of the most common questions we receive. So, how can you bring this craveable burger franchise to Georgia?
In this article, we’ll highlight the cities Jack in the Box is targeting in Georgia and how you can get involved.
What Is Jack in the Box?
If you’ve never heard of Jack in the Box, then allow us to give you a little background on who we are and where we come from.
Jack in the Box is a fast-food restaurant franchise that has been in business for more than 71 years. Our corporate headquarters is in San Diego, CA and we currently have +2,100 locations in the United States.
We’re known for our delicious burgers and fries. However, our tacos, chicken sandwiches, egg rolls, fajitas, salads, and old-fashioned shakes are quickly developing a cult following of their own.
Plus, our full menu is offered 24/7 so we can satisfy cravings throughout the day and night. Breakfast for dinner? Go for it! Milkshakes before noon? Why not!
Does Jack in the Box Have Locations in Georgia?
As of September 2022, Jack in the Box doesn’t have any restaurants in the state of Georgia. However, you could help us change that.
We’re looking for new franchisees to expand our footprint across the United States of America and this includes prime markets throughout Georgia.
If you’re a multi-unit operator looking for a burger franchise in Georgia, you’re in the right place. Our franchise development team is primarily interested in the following markets:
- Sandy Springs
- South Fulton
- Johns Creek
- Warner Robins
- Peachtree Corners
- East Point
- Peachtree City
These cities meet most of our site requirements and should be a good fit for Jack in the Box based on our Real Estate Planning Software.
If you’re looking for a market that isn’t listed above, please reach out to our team and we will talk about opportunities in or around your preferred location.
5 Reasons to Purchase a Jack in the Box Franchise
If you’re interested in bringing a fast-food burger franchise to Georgia, Jack in the Box is a great option.
Here are five of the most popular reasons our franchisees decide to invest in our restaurants.
- Menu Variety & Innovation: We offer a large and distinctive 24/7 menu with five dayparts to our customers. This means you can get anything on our menu at any time – day or night.
- Prime Real Estate Availability: Being able to develop multiple franchise locations in prime markets like Atlanta, Woodstock, Marietta, etc. is rare in the quick-service restaurant industry.
- Average Unit Volume: The average unit volume (AUV) of Jack in the Box is $1.8MM as outlined in Item 19 of our Franchise Disclosure Document.
- Training & Support: All our franchisees complete a 10-to-14-week training program to learn our system. By the time your training is complete, you should feel confident about operating your new restaurant.
- Franchise Incentives: To promote growth in key markets throughout the United States, Jack in the Box offers an incentive to multi-unit franchisees interested in developing three or more stores.
Plus, our online ordering and customer loyalty app will help your restaurants build a following within the local community.
What Are the Requirements to Open a Jack in the Box?
At Jack in the Box, our potential franchisees must meet a variety of requirements to begin their journey to franchise ownership.
Our ideal candidate is someone with…
- Strong Business Acumen
- Restaurant Experience (Preferred Not Required)
- Passion for Jack in the Box
- Ability to Meet Financial Requirements
- Commitment to Follow Brand Guidelines & Standards
- An Entrepreneurial Spirit
All our potential franchisees must meet the following financial requirements…
- Minimum Liquidity: $500,000
- Minimum Net Worth: $1.0MM
- Franchise Fee: $50k per Location
You’ll also be responsible for paying the ongoing royalty fees below…
- 5% Royalty of Gross Sales
- 5% Marketing Fee of Gross Sales
These royalties ensure you have the best possible resources to run your business and bring customers to your location.
How Much Does a Jack in the Box Franchise Cost?
The estimated initial investment for a Jack in the Box Franchise is $1,765,500 - $2,761,600 excluding land, financing, and certain other costs. We provide a breakdown of this number in our Item 7 found in our Franchise Disclosure Document.
Your initial investment includes virtually everything it takes to start a new restaurant:
- One-time initial franchise fee, up to $50k
- Building improvements, up to $785k
- Initial inventory, up to $20k
- Three months of operating funds
These initial investment figures are based on Company-developed restaurant costs to open MK9 and MK10 prototypical buildings in fiscal years 2017 to 2019.
The cost of land will vary widely, depending upon size and location of the property and whether you purchase/own the land or enter into a lease arrangement.
Check Out These Additional Resources
We hope this article gave you a better understanding of how Jack in the Box plans on expanding into the Peach State of Georgia.
At Jack in the Box, we work with our franchisees every step of the way in order to get their restaurants up and running.
Here are some additional online resources you may like to check out:
To see the full list of our available markets, please click here.